Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Tigers & Mets 6/22 Game 1

Tonight the Tigers will face the New York Mets. Hurling for the Tigers is Ace Justin Verlander. Jon Niese will be throwing for the Mets. On paper it looks like a match up the Tigers can win. However there is one main thing I would love to point out before tonight's game. Here is tonight's starting lineup.
  1. A. Jackson
  2. G. Larid
  3. Ordonez
  4. Cabrera
  5. Boesch
  6. Guillen
  7. Inge
  8. Worth
  9. Verlander
Does anything jump out to you about this lineup? We'll yes Gerald Larid is batting 2nd.  Dear Mr. Leyland please tell me why Larid is batting 2nd today. Playing at Citi field means no DH, and I know this but your telling me you can't find a better hitter to fill in at the 2 spot.

Larid while at bat 133 times this season is batting a buck eighty (.180) with 24 hits, 1 Home Run, 9 RBI, and has an On Base % of .257. Now how in the world do you look at his stats and his overall career body of work and fill out the lineup card with him batting 2nd.

Mr. Leyland your really making me scratch my head this time.

Let me know how your feel about Larid hitting in the 2 spot? Its seems every week I start to miss Polanco.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Resistance Bands is a Free Blogger Template